I've been working with digital media for over 10 years, and I love learning new things everyday. My enthusiasm for technology is the human factor, the interface and the users experience are the keystones to any well executed solution. With a background in design and engineering, I think with an artistic and scientific mindset - bringing a unique perspective to the table.
After high-school I did a tour in the Navy where I studied electronics engineering. While gaining experience working with complex electronic and electromechanical systems, I also gained a lot of other key values.
A few years later, I received an honorable discharge from the Navy and I joined a Department of Defense Contractor where I was able to use my talents to improve the Navy's shipboard entertainment systems. During my tenure with the Defense Media Activity I was the lead engineer for the prototyping and build of the next generation broadcast studio system for larger Navy vessels.
Since then I've studied psychology, design and engineering where I've really honed in on user advocacy. Today, my favorite exercise is collaborating with team members to build game changing experiences from the ground up.
“Good design is obvious. Great design is transparent.” — Joe Sparano
Clifford Ryan Nelson
- +10 years engineering and design experience
- a pragmatic and logical problem solver, motivated and inspired by design and technology
Platt College San Diego — Bachelors of Science in Media Arts - 2014
- GPA: 4.0, Class Valedictorian
- Relevant Coursework: Fundamentals of Web Design, Web Campaign Implementation, Design for Usability, Responsive Web Design, Programming for Designers, Scripting for the Web, Content Management Systems
- Software & Other: JIRA, Git, Grunt, IntelliJ IDEA, Jenkins, Adobe Creative Suite ( PS, AI, AN, PR, ID )
- Practices: Agile Development, Test Driven Development, Mobile First Responsive Web Design
Software Engineer & Experience Design Prototyper Intuit TurboTax
- 2015-2017, on contract through Integrated Associates
- Explore new product concepts through delivery of innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest in front-end technologies
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from designers and researchers
- ...download for more